Usmle step 1 daily quiz questions
The maintenance of what status or state is the primary function of the kidneys? It starts with an H.
- The primary function of the kidneys is the maintenance of homeostasis.
Via what kidney product are water and solutes excreted from the body?
What is another source of water for the body? It starts with an M.
- Metabolism is another source of water.
Under normal circumstances how much urine do healthy kidneys produce and excrete per day?
- Healthy kidneys normally produce and excrete from one to 1.5 liters of urine per day.
And finally, to what structure does the ureter convey the urine? It starts with UB.
- The ureter conveys the urine to the urinary bladder.
And about how many nephrons are there in each kidney?
In each kidney there are about one million little nephrons.
What are the units for clearance?
What does it means when the clearance is less than the GFR?
- This means that the renal tubules are reabsorbing more of the substance than is being secreted.